3.30.2011

For the sake of brevity...

I will be keeping this post rather short, and skimping on the content simply because I've once again let it go so long between posts and things are happening at a breakneck pace lately that I now need to catch up.

So the continuation of Scotland [Highly abridged version] Aberdeen was lots of fun, L's parents and brother are really cool. We had ice cream on Aberdeen "beach" in the cold miserably wet weather. Spotted dolphins in the harbor and a double rainbow... what does it mean!? On our last day we went to the lower Highlands to Finzean [Say it with me now Fing-in... yeah I don't understand either] Ballater which isn't far from Balmoral, Her Majesty's main Scottish residence. While in Ballater, it was beautifully sunny and rather 'warm' (A whopping 3C) and snowing - yes, snowing. Very bizarre indeed, we may as well have been in the Bermuda Triangle! We left Ballater and hightailed it to Aberdeen Airport where L's dad decided to take a "short cut" through an office estate at 1700... so we ended up spending about 20-30 min longer in the car than originally planned. Lucky we were getting to ABZ early anyway, n'est pas? I mailed Heidi and Billy their second cards from the airport (each had Heeland Coos on them hehe) and went for a wander. Half way through this wander, we were walking back to the gate area and I noticed a piece of paper on the ground, I'm not sure what caused me to look at it, but I'm sure as hell I did - it was my boarding pass. It had somehow jumped out of my pocket about 20min before hand.... oops! The flight home was rather unremarkable, other than the fact that Flybe is exactly what I expected - average.

Fast forward a couple of days, and I got a phone call from a guy named Adrian, he started asking me questions about my customer service experience etc... it wasn't until half way through the call, he informed me that he was carrying out a phone interview for a local hotel that I'd apparently applied to. Great start. An hour or so after the phone interview I receive an email from the company saying that I've passed the interview and have been scheduled for a face to face interview! I went to the interview, and to be honest I thought it was the worst interview I've had out of all the ones I've attended. Cut to 48hrs after that, I get a phone call. I've got it. I've now been at the company for a week and a half, and I have to say its been an eye opener. My 6 year sentence to hard labor with Contempo has certainly prepared me well!

So thats just about everything thats happened in the last 14 days or so (at least as much as I can recall!) I'm going to try and update the blog once a week now, so stay tuned :-)

Cheesy Love!

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment